Install the Cups
- Arrange the cups on the sub base.
- Mark the place where the cup will be permanently placed. This can
be done by applying pressure to each cup and rotating it and will cause
a small indentation in the sub base that will be used as a marker or
- Using a small hand shovel dig a hole that is at least 2 inch larger
around than the cup itself.
Because your cups are 6 inches tall you need to make your hole 6 inches
in depth. The cups once placed in the holes should be one quarter inch
above the top of the sub base material. Don’t worry if you go
deeper because you can always back fill the hole with the loose dirt.
- Add fast drying concrete mix powder around the entire outside perimeter.
- Use the handle of your hand shovel to pack down the mix. Leave 1
inch of the cup exposed.
- Add water to the concrete mix until it is saturated.
- Next, add sub base around the exposed perimeter of the cup.
- Compact the sub base around each cup by running the compactor directly
over the cup. This will automatically level and make the cup flush
with the top of the sub base.
- Continue to do each hole in the same manner.