Add the Fringe Turf
To maximize your fringe and minimize waste-
Run the fringe turf the length of the putting green on each side
first, then the two widths.
HINT: The grain of the fringe turf must run the same
direction all around the green.
- Roll out the fringe turf over one side the length of the shaped
- Overlap the entire roll of fringe turf just enough to cover the
shape of your putting green on one side the length of your putting
- Feeling the shaped putting green under the fringe, nail down the
fringe into the sub base using 4 inch galvanized nails with small heads
2 inches out into the fringe from where the seam of the putting green
turf and fringe turf will meet.
- Place the nails every six inches the entire length of your fringe
HINT: Nailing between the rows of stitching will
hide the nails
- Next, come out 1 foot into the fringe turf.
- Nail down the fringe turf 1 inch out into the fringe every six
inches the entire length of the fringe. Nailing the fringe at both
the seam and a foot out from the seam will anchor and secure the fringe
turf in place and make for a very tight fit.
- Continue to do this for the entire perimeter of fringe turf.
- Cut along the outside perimeter where the fringe meets your border.
HINT: Replace the blade on your utility knife every
8 to 10 feet of turf you cut to avoid dulling a blade and producing
a ragged cut. Try to avoid “ripping” the turf.